CarmDAS is a domestic abuse charity in Carmarthen. The West Wales Grand Charity has been pleased to support the charity by providing
three new sofas for their communal area, making it a cosy and inviting place once again.
James Ross Head of West Wales Freemasons said: "We are delighted to be able to support CarmDAS and similar charities across
West Wales. There is no excuse for domestic abuse - ever."
What is domestic abuse?
Domestic abuse can involve:
- Physical abuse– violence such as punching, kicking, biting, burning, choking, spitting, slapping and throwing
- Emotional abuse– constant criticism, threats to you, your children or your family, putting you down in front of
others, accusing you of lying, sulking, cheating, verbal abuse, name calling and threats to report you to social services
- Sexual abuse– sex against your will or in ways that make you feel uncomfortable or degraded
- Financial abuse– not allowing you to have money, spending food money, running up debts in your name
- Forced marriage and honour-based violence – making you marry someone against your will, bullying you and controlling your behaviour to protect the
- Stalking & Harassment– obsessive jealousy, following and checking up on you, embarrassing you in public.
- Isolation– stopping you from seeing family or friends, monitoring or blocking phone calls, social media and emails
- Denial– saying the abuse doesn’t happen or that you cause it, begging forgiveness and saying it will never happen again.